Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Dancing in 2015

In December 2014 I decided to make myself a goal to dance once per week in 2015. It seemed like the kind of goal that would be very easy to fail on. One that could fall to the wayside within a few weeks or months. Thankfully I was able to stay committed, and as the final week of December approaches I am reflecting on what made this goal possible.

First: I used the Elise Joy Goal Tracker (http://elisejoy.com/2016goaltracker) which helped me visualize the goal.


Second: After a few months of keeping at it, I signed up to perform in the Spring Showcase at my dance studio (City Dance Corps). Having the goal (and stress!) of performing, really kept me committed.




Third (the final - but most important reason): The people at my little studio in the heart of Toronto. These people, I tell ya. What a supportive, and brilliant community of dancers! They danced, laughed and had tons of fun with me - and called me right out when I would miss a class. Thank you so much to the CDC community, teachers, and dancers - what a year!!


So now, as I look back on the year, I can see that I danced 48/52 weeks in 2015. Not a perfect score, but a damn good one! I can not wait to keep dancing in 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment