Thursday, December 31, 2015

2016 Resolutions & Goals

It's that time of the year where I review my previous goals, and set new ones for the new year! I love goal setting, so this is one my favorite posts of the year.

In 2015 I wanted to do the following 6 things:
  1. Dance one day per week 
  2. Make one video per month (even if just a round up of what I did that month)
  3. Sell at a Craft Fair in the spring
  4. Write more about activism, and equality
  5. Be direct and clear in the way I communicate
  6. Less mindless scrolling, more active living!
This is probably the most successful I've been with my goals in years! I definitely achieved 1, 4, 5 and 6. I completed number 3, but it was a little late... I ended up selling at a Holiday Craft Show, not a spring one. Goal number 2 is the only one I truly gave up on. I decided in August, that I just have too many digital hobbies, and I wanted to spend less time on the computer, so I gave that goal the boot. If you are curious, you can read all about my dance goal here - Dancing in 2015.



Now onto the fun part... my goals for 2016! This year's goals are going to be quite similar to 2015. I had a lot of fun with my goals for last year, and I think there is still more to learn from focusing in those areas. So here it is - my 5 goals for 2016. 
  1. Dance once per week (again!)
  2. Volunteer on a Non-Profit Board
  3. Launch CarlyFriesen.com
  4. Post 1 piece of writing per month (to be posted on the 1st of each month, starting in February)
  5. Volunteer with youth in Toronto
I feel a lot of potential in these 5 goals. Volunteering really became part of my life in 2015, and I am looking forward to making it even more central to my life in 2016. And of course, I can't wait to keep dancing in 2016! Let's see where these goals take me...

What are your goals for the new year? I hope you take some time to think it through, and write them out. Happy New Year!! 


1 comment:

  1. I am thankful to you for sharing this awesome article with this helpful knowledge.It is a very useful article about the Life Goals.

    ReplyDelete