Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Vociferous Art Project



Vociferous is an art project very much inspired by Toronto's Girls Art League (GAL) and their mission to empower girls and women through visual arts.

With this project I hope to explore ideas of beauty, belonging, self worth and feminism. 

I want to explore and highlight some of the areas of exclusion within the feminist movement including the exclusion of women of colour, trans women, disabled women, mentally ill women and women in challenging economic situations.

I'm still not entirely sure what this will look like, or how this will function, but I'm getting started and we will figure it out.

If you know any feminist artists, thinkers, poets, dancers, or creators... please send them my way! I am looking to collaborate in any way possible. I would especially love to work with women that identify as being members of any of the traditionally excluded groups listed above.

Please feel free to email me at ASewcialLife@gmail.com, comment here, or tweet me @CarlyMFriesen with any suggestions.

Vociferous: (especially of a person or speech) Showing strong feelings; forceful, passionate, or intense

No comments:

Post a Comment