Saturday, June 13, 2015

YWCA Toronto Women of Distinction Awards



Wow! What a night!

On May 21st, I got to attend the most amazing event... the YWCA's Women of Distinction Awards. It was such a heart warming event filled with absolutely inspiring women. You can learn all about the 7 amazing winners here.

Each year the YWCA honors 7 different women from 7 different areas of work. The 7 categories are: Arts, Public Service, Education, Health, Law and Justice, Corporate Leadership and Young Women. It was such a privilege to get to hear from each of these 7 women and learn about the work that they are doing to better this city, and the world.

The event raised over $680,000! This money will go towards the 30 different programs YWCA Toronto offers across the city.

I was so moved by each and everyone one of the winners, and I can not wait to attend the event next year! Thanks so much to my amazing friend Julie Neff, who invited me.


No comments:

Post a Comment