Tuesday, December 30, 2014

What I learned in 2014



What I learned in 2013 can be found here.

I learned... Shit can be hard sometimes (and that might be okay).

I learned... I don't really know what I want to do "when I grow up", but no one does.

I learned... My friends are freaking awesome.

I learned... Getting a visa to live in a different country might be the hardest thing ever.

I learned... All years aren't going to be "The Best!" and that's okay too.

I learned... I love to paint, I really, really, love it. 

I learned... Creating stuff to sell can be an  amazing and unique experience. 

I learned... Creating stuff to sell might be the most vulnerable thing an artist can do. 

I learned... Dance needs to be a party of my daily life. Nothing brings me such bliss.

I learned... My Career path doesn't have to look like the one I imagined in high school. 

I learned... That one year later, I still miss The Netherlands. Not always, but often. 

I learned... Road trips are one of the best ways to travel, and I need to do it more. 

I learned... That Detroit is so cool. 

I learned... Lip Stain > Lip Stick. (This is important!)

I learned... I get Hangry (hungry-angry) sometimes. Eating well is important... remember to do that!

I learned... Saying no to lots of things, so you can say yes to important things is critical

I learned... That there is no end point to this whole self discovery stuff. There is no "finding yourself" there is only the constant work of creating yourself, getting more comfortable in who you are as it evolves and changes. Changing your mind is okay, learning that what you once believed is no longer what you believe is okay. Finding comfort in the in-between, the unknown, the gray, is something you need to work on. Everything doesn't have to be figured out right now, or ever. And honestly, there will never be a time where that happens. You're not going to have it "all figured out" your just going to have to buckle up, and enjoy this ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment