Monday, February 17, 2014

My First Job

This week I started my first full time job since I graduated from university. I couldn't have been more excited.

I think the amazing thing about your first job out of school is that you are really being given an opportunity to learn as you work.

To give you a bit of backgroud, I got a job in the construction/construction management industry as a junior. From what I know so far, we focus (in general) on building industrial, commercial and institutional projects. I studied Environmental Engineering, and although it is very similar to a Civil Engineering degree, I was excited to learn that this company also builds LEED projects. LEED stands for: Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design. So it basically means buildings that have an environmentally conscious design, which I find very interesting (and important).

I am going to learn how large scale buildings get made. Things like airport terminals, warehouses, head office buildings, and places of worship. I will work on these projects, and learn how things actually get done in, and hopefully, do a good job in seeing the project go from start to finish.

At this point there isn't much to say. I'm just excited to get to work, and to get to learn. (It's interesting how unemployment really makes you appreciate having a job.)

I don't plan to mention work to often here on the blog, and definitely never any details. But I wanted to give you a peek into what I am doing in my life outside of crafting, and creating. I can't wait to see where this new adventure goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment