Monday, January 6, 2014

2014 Resolutions & Goals

In 2013 I set some pretty fun goals for myself. I came through and accomplished almost all of them (only coming up short on my book goal, reading 12 instead of 15 books). I also started doing monthly goals which turned out to be an amazing experiment and a great project that I plan to continue in 2014.



I am excited to share my 2014 resolutions and goals here again this year (yes, a few of them are repeat goals from 2013, but I just liked them so much!)

  1. Get a job in the Engineering field (I sure as heck hope I can cross this one off sooner than later!)
  2. Donate time (and once the first goal is achieved, money) to a charity you care about. Ideally, at least once a month.
  3. Read 15 books. And reaaaally do it this time!
  4. Post a video to my youtube channel at least 3/4 weeks per month.
  5. Improve my level of fluency in Dutch (If possible, take a formal class)
It was very hard to narrow these goals down to 5 (but I have a rule to limit myself to 5, so that I can really commit to them). There are so many other things I want to (and hope to) do this year. For my own indulgence and record keeping, here are a few many items that didn't make it into the official list:

  • visit The Netherlands again (even better would be twice) 
  • travel to at least 1 new county
  • improve my writing
  • craft waaaay more than you did in 2013
  • sew more as well!
  • make at least 3 quilts
  • connect with new people on youtube, and *fingers crossed* do a collaboration video
  • raise money for women for women international again
  • try to improve your cooking skills (and maybe even care a bit more about what you are eating.. vegetables are important!)
  • take more zumba classes
  • do morning yoga
  • get better at fixing/building/using tools 
  • play soccer in a rec-league this summer
  • I'm sure there are about a million more things I could add to this...

Needless to say, limiting my goals was needed! What are you new years resolutions or goals? Do you even make any? Let me know in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment