Sunday, June 16, 2013

Do you Sew?

Ah, the question. All sewers know it. Word gets around pretty quick when you know how to re-attach a button, or mend a ripped sweater. I never mind if people ask, but I much, much prefer if whoever is asking for said repairs, is also willing to let me teach them (that way, they can't ask me again!)

My roommate here had a friend staying recently, and it came up, again... do you sew? He needed a hole in his jeans fixed. I said no-prob, but let me teach you. Thankfully, he was up for it! (yay!!) So together, we fixed his jeans, and by the end of his visit he had fixed a second paid all on his own... I'd say that's a sucess! :)

PS: this is not a proper mending job at all, but by the time I realized what I had done, he said he didn't mind how it looked, so we just left it..... ok, so maybe I'm not the best teacher, but it was fun!




2 comments:

  1. My fiance is a computer programmer. When people find out they assume that he can fix their computers and set up things for them. The other day I tried to explain to him that sewers have the same issue. When someone finds you sew their eyes get big with all the things they want you fix.

    Great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh ya, I bet the comp programmers have this problem too! But we sewers have it baaad!
      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete