Monday, May 27, 2013

Dutch Studies: A Public Pep Talk

So I'll be honest internet, I have been absolutely slacking on my Dutch work the past two months. April was by far the hardest month of being here so far. Being away from family and friends sort of seemed to catch up all at once. It was easy breezey all the way until the end of March, and then BAM April was a bummer, and I just had zero energy for Dutch homework. But after April, I was determined to get out of my funk, and get back to work!....... But then my Mom and Grandma came to visit (YAY!) from the 11th-23rd, and that was almost the whole month gone. (or at least it felt that way because they were the 2 weeks in the middle of the month).

HOWEVER, it is now Monday May 27th, and I have one full work week left before June shows up. I have done my (self-assigned) half an hour of Dutch today, and I WILL continute for the remainder of this week!

Image Source
 And after May you ask? Well, I am attempting to commit to a whole new idea. It's called "Don't Break The Chain". The idea is: if you do something every single day, the longer you "don't break the chain" the more encouraged you are to continue. I know this will be difficult with all my traveling, but I'm going to give it a go anyways.

I'll keep you posted! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment