Monday, April 8, 2013

Dutch Lessons - Acountability

Hey Blog... did you know you were holding me accountable last month to keep at my Dutch studies? Well, you were, and you know what? You really helped!

For my March Goals, I said that I wanted to work on my Dutch every weekday, AND that I had to share my success/failure here at the end of the month. I have actually said that I wanted to work on my Dutch every weekday for the last three months, and although I've done okay (I guestimate an average 3 times per week) I have not made the "every weekday" goal a reality. So in March  I knew I needed something more, and I figured sharing my results might be the kick in the pants I needed to get studying.

"I can speak Dutch" (from Valentinavinapuspita)

I am very happy to report that I did way better then any month previous to this. I recorded my practices on my calender after each study session, and at the end of the month I had 2 perfect weeks and 3 weeks where I practiced 4 out of the 5 week days! That is a heck of a lot better then I've done in previous months, and now I've got a whole new month to aim for even more perfect weeks!

Binnenkort zal ik in staat zijn om deze blog te schrijven in het nederlands! (Soon I will be able to write this blog in dutch!) Ha! Just kidding, I used google translate.... turns out learning to construct a grammatically correct sentence in a new language takes forever! But I'm workin' on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment