Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013: Some Goals and Whatevs

Happy 2013 Blog Readers!!


I am SO excited to announce that my sisters (who rule!) got me a blog re-design for Christmas! So sometime in the next month expect to see a majorly improved site :)

I'm thinking I'm going to do my resolutions a little different this year. I'm only going to let myself come up with 5 resolutions, but, I'm going to try and set more short term monthly goals! For me, this is a far less overwhelming way to plan and set goals. We'll see how it plays out over the next year...

So the 5 Resolutions I've come up with are:

1. Make a vlog on my youtube channel entirely in Dutch by the end of the year 
(Side note: It doesn't have to be long, or fancy, but it has to be understandable to native speakers)

2. Travel to Sweden 
(I've wanted to see Sweden for ages, and I'm so close now that I live in Holland (well, compared to Canada)! But I can feel myself getting nervous about how much it will cost, so I'm making it an official goal so that I MAKE this happen!)

3. Find ways to give back or volunteer this year
(I've made a choice to use my limit funds on travel this year. It's blatantly selfish, but it's what I've decided to do. SO in light of the fact that I wont really be donating any money this year, I want to find a few alternative ways to be a good global and local citizen!)

4. Keep up with "Wordless Wednesdays", "Carly's Thankful For" (my Friday post) and commit to doing  "Something Sunday" for every Sunday that I am not travelling. 
(I've had tons of fun with my different series this year, and I want to keep them up! Especially the Thankfulness posts that I started later in the year. For Something Sunday I have to be reasonable though, as I know I'll be travelling a fair amount this year. So if I am away, I will give myself a break and skip that week!)

5. Read at least 15 books
(This is slightly less than the amount of books I read last year, but I have less access to a library so I'm trying to be reasonable! I'm getting the year started with "The Low Sky" by Han van der Horst)

What are your new years resolutions? Any monthly goal ideas?
I hope your 2013 starts out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment