Friday, September 21, 2012

Carly's Thankful For...

In general I try to be aware of how much I have to be thankful for. I think it is an important thing to stay aware of. There is always so much good around us, and sometimes it goes unnoticed for far too long. In an effort to increase the frequency with which I notice the good, I started a “gratitude journal” in early June. Tons of people have done this, and if you can believe it, I got the idea from an interview with Oprah and Lady Gaga (two of my absolute faves!) I have unfortunately not kept up with it very well. The way I wanted to use it was to jot down at least 3 things I’m thankful for each morning. It takes all of 2 minutes, and I really enjoyed it.


My new idea to keep this going is to share what I’m thankful for once a week here at A Sewcial Life. I’ve been surprisingly committed to my Something Sunday, and Wordless Wednesday posts this year, and I think I could keep up the same commitment to a Thankfulness themed Friday post! 

So from here on out, you can get ready for a weekly instalment, of “Carly’s Thankful For...”, which I will post every Friday.

Hopefully, I will be pulling my favorites from my journal that I have been filling out, but for today, you just get what is on the top of my head. Sometimes they might be silly, or serious, or plane old weird, but they will always be real! I’m not going to force something deep and cheesy if I’m not feeling it that day, I think it spoils the whole point of this idea. Anyway, onto the thankfulness!

I'm Thankful For...

-Being able to live in Guelph
-Having Coffee in the morning
-Having so many people who are willing to help me find an engineering job!
-Fall weather



As always, thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment