Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Resolution - Check in

I think it's about time in the year for me to do a quick check in on where I'm at with my 2012 resolutions
And once again, I think the biggest issue has been vague resolutions that are hard to quantify. (I have got to remember to avoid this in 2013!!)
So how am I doing?


1. Make a new bed Quilt 
I've made the quilt top! I just need to get the rest of the materials to finish it. 


2. Go to Zumba once a week
I've definitely been going more often, but I can't say it's been every single week. 


3. Read more
Wow, I have really aced this resolution! I think I read around 4 books during 2011, and this year I have already finished 11. I have so many more books on my list too. I hope to finish at least 20 before the year is up! 


4. Find Balance
Super hard to quantify, but a few of the books I've read have been helpful for this. (Such as Billions and Billions by Carl Sagan, and The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin)


5. Get "real" job
working on it!


6. Donate another quilt
I still need to get on this, but it will happen!


7. Go on (at least) two out of province trips
Done! I went to Mississippi (read more here), and I took a west coast trip in April/May (I wrote about Portland here, and San Francisco here). 


8. Work on being more spontaneous
I think I've been able to be more go with the flow, but again, how do I even quantify this? And doesn't the goal itself counter-act spontaneity. Who knows?!


9. Make a bigger effort with friends in different cities
I've tried! But I think I could have made this goal better by saying 'email one out-of-town friend a week' or something like that. Oh well. 


10. Journal More
I have for sure! I have also tried to do some creative writing which is tons of fun!


11. Make a series of 'art' that go together
I kind of did this without realizing. I went on a stencil art binge a month ago, and now I have a few cool pieces that flow together well. I want to try and make a set of 3 sewn wall art things that go together too.


After reading these again, I think I'm only going to check in with numbers 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 at the end of the year. Maybe none at all. For some reason I enjoyed my 2011 resolutions a lot more (and they weren't even that different, so I don't know why). I don't think I took enough time (or thought) when I wrote these 2012 ones. Maybe I can make that a resolution for next year? Make better resolutions? Ah well. At least I tried right!

No comments:

Post a Comment