Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thoughts on Scrapbooking and Project Life

I love scrapbooking! Its such a fun way to display pictures, but it is also tedious and time consuming. I've never actually made a "real scrapbook", instead I have made a lot of "creative albums".

What I tend to do is get an album that holds 5X7 photographs, and I print 4X6 photos, then I mount the pictures on a 5X7 piece of paper and decorate around the picture. Below are a bunch of pictures from my India trip scrapbook to give you a better idea of what I mean.



I love this way of keeping my photos because its easy and I like how they look! However, recently I read about a product that seems even cooler! (Although far more expensive...) I read on Elise Blaha's blog about the "Project Life" photo albums. They look sooo cool! I'm going to wait until I've finished my current scrapbook before I indulge and buy one. But I can't wait! Here is what they look like:

This example is from Elise's Blog, read about it here: http://eliseblaha.typepad.com/golden/

Here is how it works.

I don't know if I just like scrapbooking too much, but I am pumped about this!

2 comments:

  1. Really love your idea for the 5x7 album! I have so many photos from before I got into scrapbooking that the idea of organizing and creating large scrapbooks is overwhelming. I would dispute the notion that your 5x7 albums aren't "real" scrapbooks! It certainly looks real to me! Hope you don't mind...but I'm totally going to use this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the positive feed back! And of course you are more then welcome to use this idea.

    ReplyDelete