Sunday, January 29, 2012

Something Sunday 4: Tree Art for my Dad

This Christmas my Dad asked for art from me and my 2 sisters. (all three of us have different creative mediums!) The three of us got together and decided on a tree theme because my Dad loves Muskoka (a cottage area in Ontario) and the time he gets to spend there in the summer.

My older sister Erika painted an beautiful image of a bunch of different tree trunks from the area and my younger sister Julia printed an amazing photograph of some trees from last summer.

Now, I am not late on many things, but for any number of lame reasons I am really bad at getting my family's gift's to them on time. I guess I figure they are my family and will have to love me either way! haha Sorry fam!

Anyway, I finally finished my Dad's gift this past week, and I'm excited to share it with you.


I really prefer to be 'feeling it' if I'm going to make someone art. When I'm under a deadline I never like what I make as much. This piece is very similar to one I made previously, but it fit really well with the tree theme. And when I made it I was really excited to be making it, not stressed about that I had to make it. So even though it will be delivered late, I think it was worth it.



I even stitched my signature into this one... I've always wanted to do that, but never took the time. (If you click on the image you can see it more clearly.)


And because this post doesn't have very many pics, you get to enjoy this beauty as a bonus! yaaaa... your welcome......

Hope you have a great start to the week!

Ps: I'm keeping this until next weekend because I'm putting it into my schools Art Show! If your from the University of Guelph or in the Guelph area you should check it out! Info is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/174133666021754/

No comments:

Post a Comment