Sunday, May 15, 2011

Teaching and Exploring

I have a little crafty update this time, along with more Manitoba adventure.

Earlier this weekend, my awesome grandpa came over and fixed the sewing machine here so I could show my cousin how to sew a little bag. She already knew the basics of sewing, and was really quick at it. I showed her how to make a lined pencil case. She is very creative, and caught on fast! The product was a very cute bag which she added some cute buttons too.

opened up (check out that lining!)
cute little buttons!
 Very impressive project, I am excited to be able to sew a bit more now that the machine is working well.



And completely unrelated, today I had some time to go biking around a bit. I wasn't deep in any trails because I was just biking to a store, but it turned out to be a bit more of a bike then I thought. It was fun though, and I got to get out in the nice weather. Here is a pic on my way home in the south west end of Winnipeg.

There are actually tons of houses and shops to the left and right, but this picture sure makes it look empty!

I thought people would enjoy this little beauty. Gosh those glasses look good with a helmet hahah
 Thats it for now! I leave on my first adventure to northern Manitoba tomorrow morning, hopefully I will be back with some cool pics next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment