Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's day!

I loveeeee Valentine's day! Its a great way to tell anyone you think there great, friends, family, whoever!


This year, I made some items for a Valentine's day swap which was tons of fun! I made a tea cozy, a mug warmer, and a "mug rug" which is basically an extra large coaster.


Here is the front of the tea cozy, all sewn together. 



 The front and the back of the tea cozy, all pinned and ready to be quilted.

the quilted heart

Here is the "mug warmer"... I don't really think these have a purpose other then cuteness, but I like them anyways!

Front

back

And lastly, here is the "mug rug". I tried to sew a more abstract look with this one, but I don't know if it ended up just looking messy... at least I tired something new right? That's what I'm telling myself anyways!

Front

Back

The tea cozy is finally all finished, and lined! I think it's pretty cool, and it definitely looks very appropriate for valentines day!

front

back

lining!
And one more pic of it standing up, keeping some tea all cozy!


Happy Valentine's Day!!! <3

1 comment:

  1. nice mug warmer. I agree, they are lots of fun even though they don't seem to serve much of a purpose :)

    ReplyDelete